ID IGEP How to Apply
Complete the graduate school application for the ID IGEP program and indicate your top choices for faculty mentors: CeZAP Faculty List
To apply click here.
The link above will take you to the Virginia Tech Graduate School application, which you will need to fill out. When you come to the place where you are asked to indicate “Program of Study”, please select “Infectious Disease IGEP” from the drop-down list.
Information about ID IGEP program-specific requirements:
- A holistic approach will be used to review applicants
- 3.0 GPA or higher required
- GRE not required, but TOEFL required for non-native English-speaking applicants
- Letters of recommendation required (those from academic or research mentors are particularly helpful)
- Applicants should indicate in their personal statement their top choice(s) of research mentors and the college affiliation of those individuals
- Applicants are encouraged to reach out directly to potential faculty mentors via Email or phone
This is not a degree-granting program. Degrees are awarded through the department of the research mentor.
Application review will begin December 15th, annually.
Fralin Life Sciences Institute
Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center (CRC)
Integrated Life Science Building (ILSB)
1981 Kraft Dr, Room 2036
Blacksburg, VA 24060
Office Phone: (540)-231-0674
Office Phone: (540)-231-9378
Lab Phone: (540)-231-2342